Often the one thing that a novice player should have after getting past the basics and winning a few games are some solid tips to enable them to be focused. Basically, roulette is a game of probability but there are a couple of tips to help increase your chances.
Here are some of my top tips for roulette, which although might not make you rich overnight, should set you on the right track for getting a more viable win lose ratio:
– Know the table limits. Each roulette table has its own minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting $5 and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my 2nd tip. Only bet what you can afford to. Professional gamers don’t bet to show off, they bet to make money, whether that be $2 or $2,000. It is also a wise rule to give yourself a set amount of how much you are willing to lose before walking away, so you don’t have to remortgage your house.
– Get warmed up and gain a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It’s straightforward and gives you that gut feeling as to how much you like the table.
– Be the boss of your own chips. Novice gamers sometimes allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place whilst accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move your chips wherever you want!
– You’d be surprised how many dealers get in to a bored and repetitive manner of releasing the ball and you can many times find it easier to predict where it lands. Certain dealers do alternate their style of releasing the ball
– Tips for roulette always include the classic Martingale system. Basically if you lose, you double up the next bet to gain back the loss. The problem being that your losing streak may go beyond your bank balance or you might hit the table limit. It’s better to use this with smaller betting amounts.
– Play European tables with only one zero. It gives you better odds as American tables have two zeros. Both types of tables are found in the States so don’t worry.
– Don’t let your mind trick you. For example, when six blacks have gone in a row your mind might start saying (what if it’s a trick, bet black again). Never get in to an argument with your mind.
– Practice on a free fun table.
– Learn to preserve your bankroll. After you have a reasonable amount of winnings, only bet with them and keep your original balance safe. Then the worst that can happen is you go home with your starting balance.
– It’s better to play in well known online casinos as you can’t see the inner workings of a website. They might not be choosing numbers at random and could just be making you lose every time.
In conclusion, play safe and just have a good time. Enjoy the excitment but don’t let it drive your life.