Roulette is one of the most celebrated casino games of all times. It started in 18th-century France and has been an instant hit ever since. From France, it spread throughout Europe and America. Roulette is a very easy and thrilling game making it a favorite for people who love casino games, whether it’s a brick and motar casino or online. There are two kinds of the game, namely European and American. Both are slightly different compared to each other, but the rules are fundamentally the same. The European roulette uses a single zero wheel, while Americans use the double zero wheel. Fundamentally, roulette is entirely a game of chance. Although there are roulette strategies that are used to predict the result of the game, but most of the time, it is mostly out of luck.
Regarding the Game of Roulette
Usually, The roulette game is a staple game in casinos. Six to eight people can accommodate a table. The game does not need the players to know any card skill unlike poker, though the odds are almost the same. A roulette player can win thousands of dollars in a single round, but it can also end up the other way around.
Roulette literally means “small wheel” in French which is the primary focus of the game. It’s a wheel with a tilted circular track and colored numbered pockets outline its circumference. When the game commences, the dealer spins the wheel on one direction and the ball in another. The main objective of the game is to bet on the which number the ball will land on when the wheel stops spinning. Next to the wheel is a layout of the numbers on the wheel for players to place their bets. Players can decide on their bets until the dealer signals “no more bets” and spins the wheel.
The player can bet on a number, group of numbers, color of the roulette wheel, and odd or even. Bets are classified into inside or outside bets. Inside bets involve numbers while outside bets comprise of groups of numbers, red or black, odd or even numbers.
1. Straight up – Bet on any particular number. Chips are placed squarely on a number.
2. Split – Any bet on any two numbers next to each other. Chips are placed on the line between the pair either horizontally or vertically.
3. Street – Bet on any three numbers on a single line. Chips are placed at the edge of last number on the line.
4. Corner – Bet on any four numbers within in square layout. The chips are placed on the intersection between the four numbers.
5. Six line – Bet on two streets next to each other. Chips are placed in the intersection.
6. Trio – Bet on 0, 1, 2 or 0, 2, 3. The chips are placed at their intersecting points.
1. 1 to 18 – Bet on any number on the first low eighteen.
2. 19 to 36 – Bet on any number in the last high eighteen.
3. Red or Black – Bet on any color on the wheel.
4. Odd or even – Bet on an even or odd number.
5. Dozen bets – Bet on either the first, second or third setoff twelve numbers.
6. Column bets – A bet on twelve numbers at any of the vertical lines.